Sunday, June 01, 2008

Bird Gangs

I know this is a really weird post but I really think we have some bird-on-bird violence going on out there on my back patio. We have about four nests nestled up there in the crooks and crannies of our patio roof. Sometimes they fly out of there like a bat outta heck when you least expect it and it scares the jeepers outta ya. But there is this one big bird that has its nest in the middle of the patio. And it's the biggest nest. And it seems like it tries to scare the other birds. My heck, it scares me. It sits there unblinking, with it's mouth half open just frozen -- staring at us. We can actually get pretty close without it flying off. Which is weird because you walk anywhere near the other nests and those guys take off.
So I was already a little wary of this psycho bird when the other day the girls come to me and say, "Mommy you gotta see the Mr. Bird outside without a head!" Huh??! So I run outside and sure enough, there's a little bird with it's head bashed in. Do I think it's a coincidence that this little bird met it's tragic fate right below the previously-mentioned psycho bird? I think not. Stay tuned for the next chapter in this developing story of psycho birds -- it will likely include Darik having to physically move the bird's nest far away before it decides to attack something bigger than a little bird - something like Ellie!

No comments:

Post a Comment