Debra tagged me . . . so I tag -- all my HS friends + everyone else
1. Where did you and your husband meet? Geography lab in Smith 240 at Ricks College.
2. The first thing you said to each other? Darik asked our study lab group if he could join in the 3rd week. He'd noticed we were done with our lab an hour before everybody else. I think he wanted a better grade. I just rolled our eyes, I thought he was a slacker that just wanted to copy and not contribute.
3. When was our first date? The Sunday of October General Conference in 2000. After conference he came over for dinner and just hanging out.
4. First kiss? 2 or 3 weeks later. I need to look up in our journals.
5. When were the first "I love yous" said? In November after a date Darik said it to me but I was still so flipping confused from having my missionary out I didn't know how I felt about the whole thing. I was confused. So I just said, "ditto." I eventually came around.
6. Long or short engagement? Medium. We got engaged over Christmas and got married with the rest of the Ricks College world as soon as the semester was over, May 5.
7. Where did you get engaged? We were never really "officially" engaged. We accidentally (not intending to) bought each other rings before anyone ever asked anyone. Then we were thinking, "well I guess we're getting married -- " In January we did go back to Smith Park where he held my hand the first time. He asked me with a CTR ring (waiting for the real one to get sized) on the baseball bleachers.
8. Where were you married? IF Temple.
9. Where did you go on your honeymoon? I was President of the Business Club for the state of Idaho and they had nationals the week after we got married. I had Darik join and compete at state in Boise to try to qualify for Nationals. (notice in the picture below he was on of only two guys there from ricks) He made it so Ricks paid for us to go to Anaheim Marriott for Nationals plus Disneyland (my first time ever going to Dland!) For 2 or 3 days before Nationals we went to the Ellis' cabin in Island Park.10. Where was our first home? A basement apartment - I believe it was 140 W South 1st in Rexburg. We weren't there long before we moved to Ghetto Village. Here are some more random pics of our whirlwind romance: