Tuesday, August 05, 2008

8 Things

TAG- whoever wants to do it, since Laura & Kim just started I tag them, too

(these are not in ranked order)
8 Things I am passionate about:
1. My husband
2. Reading
3. Learning
4. My testimony/faith
5. Politics/Economics
6. Ellie
7. Blogging
8. Children/Parenting

8 Books I have read and enjoyed :
1. Scriptures
2. Anything Jane Austen
3. Anything Charles Dickens
4. Anything C.S. Lewis
5. Anything Harry Potter
6. Three Cups of Tea
7. From Beirut to Jerusalem
8. Profiles in Courage

8 Words, phrases I say often:
1. I love you
2. No!!
3. You can come out when you're sweet.
4. Who is stinky?
5. Yay! Ellie go potty!
6. Go and play!
7. Blast!
8. Go to bed!

8 Things I want to do before I die:
1. Have my children leave home equipped to be successful in life (including spiritually)
2. Get a masters degree
3. Learn to play violin or guitar or piano better
4. Travel with Darik (most likely on missions)
5. Pay off mortgage/Out of Debt
6. Golf with Darik a lot.
7. Learn to be a better instrument in the Lord's hands (follow prompting of Spirit)
8. Learn how to do woodwork or interior decoration, etc.

8 Things I learned about myself in the past year:
1. I have limits and abilities I need to know and respect.
2. The destruction of families is the plague of this nation and affects every aspect of everyone's lives--and I can help.
3. Children grow too fast.
4. Children don't grow fast enough.
5. When I don't recharge/feed my Spirit I am dead in the water - powerless and defenseless.
6. Take time out for metime/girltime (girls nights or bookclubs).
7. Make time to read - but put the scriptures first.
8. Trust in the Lord and he will direct my paths.

8 Places I want to see:
1. England
2. Italy
3. Hawaii
4. East Coast
5. All of Europe pretty much
6. All of the Church History sites and pageants
7. The beach more often - it's so peaceful for me there
8. Disneyland with my kids

8 Things I miss
1. Being a kid without bills
2. The extra time I had before I had kids.
3. The extra $ I had before I had kids.
4. Living outside Mormon Valley
5. All of my friends in Iowa
6. My time in Rexburg
7. My dream job at Agassi Enterprises
8. College. I loved learning.

8 Things I currently want/need:
1. Want: a landscaper to redo my lawn for free (and to weed for me every day)
2. Want: enough $ and time to do all the little fixups around the house
3. Want: A big ol vacay with D
4. Need: to keep an eternal perspective
5: Want: no debt.
6. Need: to be more patient
7. Want: more peace and quiet (not likely in toddlerland)
8. Need: more hours in my day

No comments:

Post a Comment