Sunday, August 24, 2008

Zoofari


Thee weeks ago our local zoo held a fundraiser -- their "Zoofari". They charge a higher admission and have volunteers all over dishing up all you can eat ice cream along the zoo paths. I should have gotten more pics of us eating all of our ice cream - since that was the best part. Especially since the Poky zoo is quite . . . small? disappointing? take your pick. They have animals that are local to the area and actually it's not that bad. Ellie loved the coyote and I told the girls it was saying it's prayer for dinner before it came after you as the main course. And their big bears were stinky and dirty. Reminds me of the kids book, the big smelly bear. My parents were there as well as my sister and her kids. We had fun - all the way around.

1 comment:

  1. In all the years I lived in Poky, I never made it to the zoo. We got close a few times, but the weather was bad, or it was closed etc. Looks like you guys had a good time, and, of course, you can't go wrong with ice cream!

    ReplyDelete