- Most people that know me really, really well already know . . . I'm easily annoyed. Just ask my brother Mike (breathes too loud, grunts, blinks too loud -- I'm serious!! he even admits it). I also have a hard time with open-mouth chewers . . . close your mouth people, you aren't a cow! It's one of the reasons I don't like going to movie theaters, people gossiping and talking through the whole thing, or popping gum, or eating popcorn in your ear, or answering their cell phones! seriously people, I just want to watch the dang movie! Ok, I'll be nice now :-) and bask in how much I love my Netflix account.
- I'm a germophobe. So many things just gross me out--bathroom germs, kitchen germs, mouth germs (kids w hands in their mouths, etc) etc. Always washing my hands. Always have dry cracked hands as a result.
- I love reading. Not only do I love reading, but I can't STOP reading once I stop. If a book is even mildly entertaining I start it after the kids go to bed and end up reading until 2 am+. On the other hand I am a pretty fast reader -- so it's usually not that much of an inconvenience.
- I hate chocolate. I'm much more of a salty snacker. Or if it is candy it's gotta be fruity (skittles or the like). I'll take it a step further -- I don't even really like sugar. A mini candybar on an empty stomach makes me sick. I never put the full cup of sugar in my koolaid. And I rarely make desserts. My poor family, huh!
- I cannot tread water to save my life. I sink like a rock. I really think my body is just denser than everyone else's. No one will ever believe me that I weigh around 140, I really think it's just densely packed in there, thus making me a horrible water treader.
- I never had a cavity until I was 24, and even then I think that crappy dentist was making it up just to charge me for a cavity! My perfect teeth may be due to the fact that one of my other annoyances is plaque on my teeth, so I never miss brushing or flossing (and my dislike for sugar). Another weird thing about my teeth is that I was born without one wisdom tooth and one 12-year molar. They were just never there.
- I have freakishly mutated short arms. You know how your wingspan is supposed to be your height? Well a few years ago me & my SIL all measured -- theirs were spot on but my armspan was like 4 inches too short. And you wondered how I got away with all those short shorts in JH & HS? The rule was they had to be to your fingertips, and I was just keeping the rules!
p.s. I've been thinking about trying to compile a list like this that is 100 random things about myself, this is a pretty good start.
Now playing: John Michael Montgomery - Home To You