Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hug a Primary President Day

One of the reasons the blog has been so dead has been my new calling.  I think I mentioned before that D was released from EQP when I was called as PP?  Well, I'll tell you I had no IDEA that Primary Presidents (The Primary President at my church is someone who is asked to be in charge of all of the children ages 0-12 for Sunday School for two hours every week) out there around the world are in charge of this much!!  Everyone, the next time you go to church hug your Primary President and say THANK YOU!!

The hardest part of a calling is always the first year when you are figuring out how things work.  Well I've gotten a new calling every 9 months now so I don't know if that means I'm doing good or bad at what I've done . . . but it is what it is.  In this ward I started as a 5yo Primary Teacher, to Sunbeam Teacher to Nursery Helper to Activities Day Leader to 9 yo teacher to Chorister to President.  So, yeah.  

Well yesterday we just had our Primary Program and it was FAB-U-LOUS.  It was so good I was literally so choked up at the end I almost bawled my eyes out.  It's over and let me just say, I will be enjoying this Conference Weekend probably more than I should.

p.s.  If now I can just get our Cub Scout program and our Nursery school (for the 28 babies we have) working I can breathe a sigh of relief.  I'm not out of the woods, yet!

4 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAMEN! it's funny, cub scouts and nursery are my two unfinished goals too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will certainly do that! I love our president. She does an amazing job. By the way, I've been reading through a lot of the "Ellie Said What?!" column and I can't stop laughing. She is a spitfire! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (*I'm going to beat you up!*)

    I don't know how old your girl is, but she is hilarious and so smart! It's great that you can remember all those funny things she says. I'm totally in awe of primary presidents. In my ward, my sister is the Primary President and it's tough, time consuming work. I give her hugs all the time out of sympathy (hopefully it doesn't ever turn into empathy). As far as I can tell, the problem with scouts and nursery is very rarely solved for long. But good luck trying to get some willing hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our program is at the end of this month and it is going to be crazy getting ready for it, but I think it will be amazing once it gets worked out.

    Our primary president is crazy busy as well, but most of it is because she refuses to delegate! I am the 2nd counselor and so far the only thing I have done is given a kid a baptism kit and sharing times. She won't let anyone help her with getting anything organized so as much as I want to feel bad for her, I don't because she won't let me help her.

    As for presidents who accept help (which I know you do) then absolutely there is alot you do and no one realizes it or appreciates it. I bet you are amazing though!

    ReplyDelete