Saturday, March 05, 2011

Dreams Come True

Before Ellie was even a blip on the radar I had a dream about the day I would sit with my kid and read chapter books together.  That my kid would be a big bookworm like me, and there would be one book that just hook her - and there would be no going back.  I think that day may have come . . .

I just have to put a plug in real quick -- if you read books, you must be on GoodReads.com
my read shelf:
Kristine's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Basically it's a site where I keep track of all the books I read and I rate and review them. I'm also connected to about 60 friends where I can see what they read, rate, and review. There is also a catalog of basically all books that you can see what everyone else rates/reviews. One of my favorite parts is they have book giveaways from publishers. So far I've won 8 free books and it's fun. I would love it if EVERYONE used this site. This is my most visited, most addicted site I've ever had. I don't watch TV, I don't play FarmVille or play games on the internet - but I do spend my extra time here {grin} I figure if I'm going to have an internet addiction, it might as well be one that improves my brain and I feel like I'm expanding my literary horizons etc. right?

2 comments:

  1. heck yeah! i need to get in on the giveaways, that's awesome! i'm with you, i'd much rather have my nose in a book then in front of the tube.

    love the ramona books, i wonder if jayda would like them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'm going to have to learn how to get in on those give-a-ways. I love free books!

    ReplyDelete