Thursday, July 17, 2008

Busyness

Do you remember when you're in college and you're carrying 16+ credits and working part-time (one or two jobs!) and have callings at church, etc. . . and you just feel like you are maxed out on your time-that all of your responsibilities fill up all the time you had available? We had some guys in our married ward already working full-time and there would be people get into back-and-forths about if working full time or school full time were easier . . . to me it's a moot point. The only time life REALLY gets hectic is when you have young kids on top of all those other things. Young children are so time-intensive. I think I spend about 7 hours a day just diapering, dressing, bathing, feeding, rocking, cleaning, etc. So I think we have almost twice as many responsibilities with half as much time. The challenge at this stage of life is all about deciding what is urgent and what can wait -- and then reconciling differing views with your spouse :-) ! Anyway, just another thing on my mind lately . . .

p.s. I am trying to figure out how people have time to watch tv! As it is I can only fit in Colbert Report DVRs while folding laundry.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you! It's crazy how busy it is with kids, sometimes I just have to deal with the fact that my house is going to messy today and there's nothing I can do about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm so tired of having a never-ending to-do list. Right now I'm trying to find that balance too. I'd like to unpack or organize a little bit each day, but only if I can find a little bit of alone time as well, but that can't come until I've met the needs of my children first. Sigh. Let me know if you come across any good tips!

    ReplyDelete