I am really really really sick of all the lying and fingerpointing. Do you know whose fault it is?
- All of congress
- Lax regulation on companies involved
- Pressure to let lower income families own homes they can't afford
- Predatory lenders
- Financial companies who bundled and sold the worthless mortgages
- Stupid people who didn't understand what loan they were getting
- Greedy people who knew what loan they were getting and were just trying to strike it rich (I do just have to add that D&I were one of those greedy people who took an ARM to buy an investment home in Vegas. We lucked out and sold it before the crash when we moved to Iowa. We lost most of the $ on our house in Iowa, though.)
I tried to watch tonight's debate and almost lost my mind. No one would answer THE QUESTION that was asked. Both of those lying sacks of politicians just stood up and BSd about their "talking points" that have been manufactured by their campaigns. Take for example the question, "Should health care be treated like a commodity?" Obama says, "Health care is important and this is what I'm going to do and McCain is the devil, by the way." And McCain stands up and says, "Did you hear Obama just say he's gonna kill your grandma? By the way this is what I'm going to do." Blech.
How can I hate something (politics) that I love so much?