Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A Quiver Full

Proverbs 31
10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

Psalm 127
4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
Happy Birthday to my great-grandmother, Anna Elvira Christensen Swann. She turned 102 on Sunday. Recently my Aunt Marie was visiting her and they counted up every one of her descendants - the total was well over 200 (I think in the 220s). Wow, I'll tell ya, wow! My great-grandfather Alex passed away about 20 years ago so she has been lonely since then, and I think she would like to join everyone else on the other side. Alas, she had a checkup with her doctor last week and was told that she is perfectly healthy in every way, despite her recent stroke a few months ago. Anyways, on Sunday they threw a bday party for her in Preston where she lives and there were LOTS of people there. Many I do not know, which was kind of embarrassing. But that's ok. Here are the pics.

My favorite part of the night is when Gma Swann INSISTED she be the one to dish up her own food. We made way to make sure she got to choose exactly what she wanted to eat . . .
A room full of LOTS of people. My people-claustrophobia was going nuts.
My aunt Denise and her only granddaughter, Miriam. This is the first time I got to hold my cousin Jessica's adorable little baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment