- Create a LiveJournal account for free
- Go to this website: LinuxLore.Blog. He has developed the program that slurps your blog (including pictures) from Blogger to LJ for free. Read the instructions, but be aware that they are not all correct.
- Download the software.
- Open the software. There are spots for: usernames, passwords, source URL, and source URL-API. If you are moving FROM Blogger, you don't use the information it puts in URL-API, you have to find your blog ID #. The instructions on LinuxLore tell you to look in your Blogger HTML for your "Blog ID #". Don't Look there. It is under "View Source" on whatever browser you are using.
- For Internet Explorer click Page->ViewSource. For Firefox click View->PageSource. A notepad of your HTML will pop up.
- Search for the string that will contain "service.post" it will contain a URL like:
That is the URL you'll need for the SOURCE-API-URL or DEST-API-URL
- Once you have your info filled in the Blog2Blog program you can begin moving it over. One word of caution that kicked my booty: if there is an error in moving your blogs over, do not start over by moving them all over again. If there is an error, Log into your LiveJournal and see exactly which blogs have moved over and make sure not to copy those again. I ended up with 12 copies of each post. Also it may be easier to move them over in chunks of 50 instead of all 300 posts at once.
- Let me know if it works for you in the comments. I can answer any questions ya have.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Blog Book Instructions
Ok, here is the workaround for slurping your Blogger Blog into LiveJournal and then into Blurb.
at 1:03 AM