Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Finally Home


My Great Grandma Swann was 103 years old when she was called home to Heaven on December 15, 2009.  It was bittersweet for us - my Great Grandpa died was I was six, 23 years ago, and she's wanted to go home with him since then.  For 23 years she has waited and waited . . . and she's been the healthiest centuarian you've ever met.  But this last year she had a stroke and has been in a nursing home . . . still waiting to join her husband in Heaven.  And since December 15 is Grandpa Swann's birthday - we all have a feeling that he was waiting for that day to have the greatest birthday present ever.  I was in the middle of babysitting Kendra and were in quite the throes of tantrums and scheduling and her not eating what she should . . . and I didn't think it a good idea that I take a baby and Ellie down there - I think it would have interrupted everyone or I would have spent all my time out in the hall.  My brother Tony went instead.  I actually regret that decision, I wish I could have been there . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment