Saturday, June 12, 2010

Like Mother, Like Daughter

You know what is one of the coolest things?  When your kid totally falls in love with something you were in love with as a kid.  Ellie and I have been hopped up on: Anastasia.
When this movie came out I was ready to switch allegiances to DreamWorks and never watch another Disney movie again.   I believe Ellie's favorite part of this show is the music.  We can't get enough of ballet and ballroom dancing to Once Upon A December in our living room (of course I'm the prince; and of course, she leads).  
My major draw?  Dimitri.  Never has a finer cartoon male specimen existed in the history of entertainment.  When I saw this with my friends in high school at the Reel Theatre I was drooling over the man.  I came this close to stealing their window decals of him.  I was so in love.  He may always be my perfect crush :-)  Seriously, when he first came on the screen my words were, "Holy cute cartoon boy??!!!"  Anyways, it's been fun to have a little flashback and I can feel like I'm 15 again dreaming of my cartoon con-man.

4 comments:

  1. How funny, I remember you talking about those decals. Oh Dimitri . . . how my heart beats for you! Definitly my fave cartoon boy of all times. Can't wait to "introduce" him to my daughter when she gets a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart that movie. I haven't checked your blog in a while, and you are bald. See what I get for not keeping up? That's awesome. I read you post about Ellie not going to bed, and we have a similar situation with a five year old girl. Don't worry, she'll grow out of it. Eventually. Might drive you to the looney bin in the meantime. Take care and keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, Dimitri!

    I love your new layout for your blog, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Anastasia. I saw it for the first time at the Reel Theater too. I believe it was the same Saturday as the Sweetheart Ball for Highland because we went to the movie in the afternoon before the dance.

    That's so much. I doubt my boys will ever be ga ga over something like that.

    ReplyDelete