Monday, January 03, 2011

Here's to a Healthy New Year!

I have a friend from college that emailed me the other day.  Her sister runs a "Wellness Challenge" that she operates on her blog Be the Best You.  There are 10 daily goals that you get 1 point each day for completing.  You pay $10 at the start to participate and at the end of 12 weeks they take the people who have the most points and split the pot.  I have been meaning to start doing these things anyways - and since apparently I don't have enough willpower to do it on my own, I figure this might give me the extra motivation I need.  The 10 daily goals are:


1. Drink 48 ounces of water a day
2. 45 minutes of exercise (doesn't have to e consecutive)
3. No soda or alcohol
4. No sugar
5. No fast food or unhealthy snacks (chips)
6. Consume 2 servings of fruit and 2 servings of vegetables
7. No eating after 8 pm
8. Read 15 minutes of spiritual or uplifting text
9. Write in journal.  Express specific appreciation, love or praise in your journal
10. Personal goal (create one per day or one for the whole week)



Anyways today is day one, and I'm already pleased with the structure it gives me and just the extra boost I need to make sure I'm doing the things I'm supposed to be doing already.  I'll keep you updated :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment