Thursday, November 29, 2012

One Chapter Ends, Another Begins

The past four weeks have been a little surreal.  My former boss at BYU-Idaho called Darik up and let him know a position was open, Event Management Supervisor, in case he were interested.  We didn't tell anyone because (1) we weren't sure the timing of the whole thing was right for us (2) we weren't sure we'd even want to move and take the job if it were offered (3) we didn't even know if we were in the running or asked to apply as a favor.



Well - here we are.  Darik just turned in his two weeks' notice and I'm trying to figure out a way to move Ellie back there before their school starts and not miss Christmas.  So.  This is nothing what MY plan, path, or timetable included.  I have a testimony that someone else is in charge, and He leads you on your way in life regardless of what you may want. 

Good news:  Darik is going to love his new job
Better news:   I'll live closest to a temple I've ever been.
Great news: I get the opportunity to stay-at-home again.
Best news:  This blog, most certainly, will be resurrected.  

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations! I am sad to see you go, friend. You'd better keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! That is so exciting for you guys. The Rexburg temple is so gorgeous, overlooking campus. Lucky! (But you're going to freeze.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! We'll sure miss your sweet family, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot Woot!! Sounds like late night swings in the park again in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That is really exciting news. Big changes but exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for all the positive change this will bring for you and your family. Just sad you're leaving Cburg before I do and we have less time to spend together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i sure hear you about working on the Lord's timetable. i have no doubt you'll be happy. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristine,

    So, I don't know if you'll remember me, but my husband Steve and I were in the BYUI 59th ward with you guys way back in the day. We recently moved back to this area too, and I just started working up in the accounting office at BYUI. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw your husband being introduced around the office yesterday.

    Where are you guys moving to? We're in Rigby. I'd love to connect with you sometime and catch up on things. Look me up in Kimball 130 when you're on campus, or give me a call at 496-1993.

    -Alicia Willis

    ReplyDelete