Thursday, January 02, 2014

2014: Goals

Apart from my new theme, I have a few goals that will help me accomplish it.
  1. Books.  Last year I had a goal on Goodreads of reading 100 books in 2013.  While I'm glad I accomplished it, there are probably a few things that fell by the wayside along the way.  As such I've reduced my reading goal by 30%, to 70 for 2014.  And mostly to make way for:  catching up on blog books.  Unfortunately I won't be going back and blogging the missing info of the last 3 years.  But I have a goal to finish all 3 missing blog books by the end of the year (2011-2013).
  2. Blog.  In an attempt to not get behind on my blog booking again, I will have at LEAST a monthly summary blog.  I don't want to pressure myself too much what with working and all, so I'm creating a baseline from here on out. 
  3. Body.  I have gotten out of the habit of green smoothies and quinoa salads.  They are back by popular demand.  And while I'm against having any goal whatsoever related to the weight and shape of my body - I do feel the need to be stronger.  Especially as I'm hoping to start hiking this year.  
  4. Brain.  Continue learning and growing and stretching and sharing.  Engage my brain everyday and find a way to exchange and discuss ideas without judgment or negativity.  Especially gospel-related study and scriptures.  p.s. Read more non-fiction!
  5. Beauty.  I will follow Glennon Melton's example to find beauty all around me.   "Beautiful means “full of beauty.” Beautiful is not about the appearance of your outsides- beautiful is about what you’re made of. Beautiful women are women who spend time discovering what they love – what sings to them –what their idea of beauty on this Earth is. Then they make time each day to fill themselves up with that beauty. They know themselves well enough to know what they love, and they love themselves enough to fill up with a little of their particular kind of beauty each day."  Part of my finding beauty every day is to get my Nikon out of the closet and sacrifice the convenience of my iphone for a little more work and beauty.
Okay, somehow that all ended up starting with B.  Don't know what that means, but I'll just go with it. 


1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you on being a few years behind on blog books.

    ReplyDelete