Friday, July 11, 2008

Vacation Day 3: Quite the Litter!

Our first day in Portland was a little hot . . . they were just coming off a heatwave and the forecasts were saying it would cool down for the rest of the week--perfect! The first thing we noticed on arriving . . . it's so GREEN! It was crazy that in a city of that size you can just turn a corner and all of a sudden be in the forest (this is near where my SIL grew up).
Anyways we had church bright and early. It was still taking the kids a while to warm up to each other (see my doll of a niece, Jaden, below) . . . but they didn't waste any time in discovering their cousins' Jeep! Easily the most fave toy there!
After church we decided to drive to Oregon City where Carrie grew up and visit her brother, whose dog had 14 puppies!! HO-LY-COW! I can hardly handle three! They were adorable, and I was glad I brought my camera:
The pups and the kids had a mutual "wanting to play" arrangement
We only let the kids --gently-- hold the pups.
They were hungry, so we brought mama in. All I know is that this mama must have been h-u-r-t-i-n-g!! Those pups were biting and pushing and pulling . . . . quite the educational experience for the kids :-)

Afterwards the kids mucked about outside while the adults visited (of course).
While we were there I took two of my favorite Ellie pictures EVER. The one below is probably my favorite-est!

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are AMAZING!! She looks gorgeous! I can't believe her hair curls like that-just at the ends...it's so beautiful! I love-love-love Oregon! I'm so jealous right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! It looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete