Wednesday, September 24, 2008

wishful thinking

So this week just for fun I did some real estate searches in Las Vegas. I like to search in the two old neighborhoods we lived in to see where things are at. Well first I found a townhouse that was two doors down from our first home we ever bought in December 2003 for $94,900 -- see the link here. Anyways, I can't believe that prices are now back down to where they were before we moved there. And for many homes and places even less! Housing is cheaper in Las Vegas now than in Pocatello. Which gets my mind thinking . . . when we moved out of Vegas the reason I cried and cried and cried is because I knew with housing how it was I would never be able to afford to move back. Well guess what -- I am finally convinced that Vegas is back on the table. Darik is firmly against it and he was just humoring when he let me apply him for some jobs I found working in the box office of event centers down there yesterday -- he is overqualified for them both, actually, so not much will come of it; but maybe next summer a position will open up that he isn't overqualified for. We shall see -- but I did have fun yesterday just imagining myself back in my fave place to live again. I'm not a cold weather girl - but I think the only leverage I could use to get D back down there is "happy wife = happy life" combined with a big fat salary increase. So here's hoping . . . . (9 months from now!)

4 comments:

  1. I've met a few people from the Nevada/Arizona area, and they all love it there too. Hmmm, maybe I should do a bit of investigating myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome Kris. I hope Darik will give in, that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of a neutral place too. Not too cold like Idaho and not too hot like Texas. I like your way of thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh kris I would LOVE IT if you guys moved back to vegas - d could always become a CO! We miss you guys so much.

    ReplyDelete