Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Merry Christmas

Watch This Video

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both? Mixed? Sounds kinda good.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or sit them under the tree? Growing up wrapped presents are under the tree and Santa's gifts are next to our stockings. Now we just wrap everything - makes the excitement last longer with only 3 people in a family.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I used to like white but I'm a convert to colored lately.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, I wish.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Weekend after thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ham? Just a big traditional holiday meal.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I loved that even though we didn't get a lot of gifts we always were so grateful for what we had. (We were secret santa'd several times) One year my parents got us all pillows, another year beach towels, another year cups, etc. My favorite memory is probably when we all got our own sleeping bag. We had so much fun with those things.

8. Favorite Holiday memory as an adult: Our first Christmas together just us, out in Iowa (with Ellie). It was so fun to be able to have our own traditions.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My parents take us out to eat for our 8th birthday and break the news there. It took me a while to catch on, at first I thought my dad was REALLY Santa! And then he said he was the Easter Bunny too. It totally blew my mind that he was everything to everyone. It took them a while to explain to me that it's ALL fake. When my sister found out at the restaurant she started crying! One fun thing about this is that when you are 8 you get to stay up and help be Santa to the younger kids - it's like joining an exclusive club.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? nope. We usually went Christmas Caroling and delivered plates of cookies.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Growing up we basically had lights and all of the ornaments made at school every year. I've started this and we have one picture ornament of Ellie every year and one family picture ornament on the tree. I'll take an old school tree over a designer tree any day.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? hate. Hate. HATE it. Wouldn't mind if it warmed up and melted a few days later. But it stays FOR-EV-ER!

12. Can you ice skate? a tiny bit.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? nope.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? enjoying family without anyone being stressed out.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? pie? birthday cake for Jesus? Dipped pretzels? I think they all count.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We couldn't go out into the family room until mom & dad were there. One year I remember my dad holding all 6 of us back while mom was on her way up. It was funny.

17. What tops your tree? Angel

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? meh - I'm not much into gifts either way - but I do like to watch Ellie open something she thinks is from santa more than me getting stuff.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? The Christmas Song

20. Candy Canes! like the fruity ones more I think. I have to be in the candycane mood cuz I usually don't like sugar.

1 comment:

  1. Ted loves to mix his eggnog and cocoa.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete